The Mega variant is the largest of the four variants of the codec pack. It provides everything that you need to play all your audio and video files. Additionally, it also contains some ACM/VFW codecs that can be used by video encoding/editing applications.
More information about this variant of the codec pack can be found on its contents and changelog pages.
Detailed differences between the four variants of the codec pack can be found on the comparison of abilities and comparison of contents pages. The other smaller variants are: Basic, Standard, and Full.
Version 15.2.6 Mega
November 16th 2019
|HTTPS||Mirror 1||Codec Guide|
|HTTP||Mirror 2||Codec Guide|
|click to show more.|
Size: 59291 KB
Genuine K-Lite files always have the exact same filename, size and hashes as indicated above. Do not install downloaded files that have different values.
The last version that is compatible with Windows XP SP3 is version 13.8.5, which can be downloaded HERE .
Download links for old versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack can be found HERE.
HDR Video Playback
To play such videos you need to use the included MPC-HC player and select Madvr as the video renderer. Madvr will automatically send the HDR metadata to your TV when it is HDR capable. Otherwise it will convert the video to SDR so you can watch it (with proper colors) on a normal monitor/TV.
You can select Madvr here:
MPC-HC options > Playback > Output > Video Renderer
Or during installation of the codec pack.
Note: currently only HDR10 format is supported. Not Dolby Vision.
The codec pack contains a plugin for decoding H.264 MVC 3D Video. To properly watch such videos you should use the included MPC-HC player (64-bit version) and select Madvr as the video renderer. Outputting 3D video to your monitor/TV requires Windows 8.x/10 (or Windows 7 with a modern NVIDIA GPU).
Note: playback of SBS (side-by-side) and Top/Bottom 3D video does not have the above requirements. Such videos are actually encoded as 2D video. Your TV should have an option to turn this into 3D.
In case of NVIDIA you must use driver version 418.xx or older. 3D support was removed in newer versions.
MPC-HC is capable of playing Blu-ray discs. There are just two limitations:
1) It doesn’t support Blu-ray menus. It automatically plays the longest title on the disc. Other titles can be accessed through the Navigate menu of the player.
2) The disc must be decrypted using an external tool. For example AnyDVD HD or Passkey Lite.
Do you like our software and want to make a small donation? Visit our donate page. Thanks!
Below you can find a list of all components that are included in the pack. The installer is fully customizable, so you can let it install exactly those components that suit your specific needs.
Please note that not all of these components are actually installed by default. Some of the components are included as an alternative choice for components that are used by default. The alternative choices are: ffdshow, AC3Filter, Xvid, and Haali Media Splitter. By default the codec pack uses the LAV Filters. That is of course also what we recommend to use.
Contents of version 15.2.6:
- Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 22.214.171.124]
DirectShow video decoding filters:
- LAV Video [version 0.74.1-30-gf768e]
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4534]
- XviD [version 1.3.5]
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- LAV Audio [version 0.74.1-30-gf768e]
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4534]
- AC3Filter [version 2.6.0b]
DirectShow source filters:
- LAV Splitter [version 0.74.1-30-gf768e]
- Haali Media Splitter [version 126.96.36.199]
DirectShow audio parsers:
- DC-Bass Source Mod [version 1.5.2] [x86]
DirectShow subtitle filters:
- DirectVobSub [xy-VSFilter version 188.8.131.524]
- XySubFilter [version 184.108.40.2064]
- madVR [version 0.92.17]
- Haali Video Renderer [version 220.127.116.11]
VFW video codecs:
- ffdshow VFW interface
- XviD [version 1.3.5]
- x264 [revision 2851]
- Lagarith [version 1.3.27]
- huffyuv [version 2.1.1 CCE Patch 0.2.5]
ACM audio codecs:
- MP3 (LAME) [version 3.99.5] [x86]
- AC3ACM [version 2.2] [x86]
- Codec Tweak Tool [version 6.4.4]
- MediaInfo Lite [version 19.09]
- GraphStudioNext [version 0.7.1.59]
- VobSubStrip [version 0.11]
- Haali Muxer
- FourCC Changer
- Icaros ThumbnailProvider [version 3.1.1 b2]
- Icaros PropertyHandler [version 3.1.1 b2]
There are four different variants of the K-Lite Codec Pack. Ranging from a very small bundle that contains only the most essential decoders to a large and more comprehensive bundle. The global differences between the variants can be found below . Detailed differences can be found on the comparison of abilities and comparison of contents pages.
These codec packs are compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
The packs include 32-bit and 64-bit codecs, so they work great on both x86 and x64 variants of Windows!
Small but extremely powerful!
Already contains everything you need to play all common audio and video file formats.
Supports playback of:
- AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, MPEG, MOV, TS, M2TS, WMV, RM, RMVB, OGM, WebM
- MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, OGG, 3GP, AMR, APE, MKA, Opus, Wavpack, Musepack
- DVD and Blu-ray (after decryption)
- and many more audio and video formats!
Provides lots of useful functionality, such as:
- Subtitle display
- Hardware accelerated video decoding
- Audio bitstreaming
- Video thumbnails in Explorer
- File association options
- Broken codec detection
- and much more!
Same as Basic, plus:
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
This is an excellent video player. Highly recommended!
An advanced video renderer with high quality upscaling.
- MediaInfo Lite
This is a tool for getting details about media files.
This is the recommended variant for the average user. Use this if you don’t know what you need.
Same as Standard, plus:
- DC-Bass Source Mod
For decoding OptimFrog and Tracker audio files (very rare formats).
A tool for creating and testing DirectShow graphs.
Same as Full, plus:
- ACM and VFW codecs
This type of codec is used fo video encoding and editing. They are not needed for playback.
And some other optional extras:
- ffdshow audio/video processor
This is not something that regular users need.
- ffdshow audio/video decoder
An alternative choice for LAV Audio/Video decoder. We highly recommend to use the (default) LAV decoders, as those give the best performance, quality, stability and compatibility. The alternative decoders do NOT allow you to play more files!
An alternative choice for LAV Audio decoder.
- Haali Media Splitter
An alternative choice for LAV Splitter.
- Haali Matroska Muxer
Additional updates for the latest version of the codec pack.
This is not a stand-alone installer. This update requires that the latest version of Basic/Standard/Full/Mega is already installed.
Beta versions contain the latest updates and improvements, but they may have small bugs, and have not been tested as well as normal releases.
Only suitable for experienced users who like to try out the latest stuff and want to provide feedback.
Beta versions are available for Basic/Standard/Full/Mega.
Are you looking for an older version? Those can be found here.
If the latest version give you a problem, then please report that to us so we can fix it!